About the speaker:
Wei Ling, former chief translator and interpreter of China Radio International Portuguese Channel, member of the Portuguese Expert Committee of the National Translation of Professional Qualifications (level) Exam (China Accreditation Test for Translators and Interpreters).
Topics to be discussed:
The seminar will be based on the speaker’s professional experiences and on examples collected from translations in the media, as well as from publications of political and journalistic speeches. The seminar aims to provide students with a notion of the principles and methods of translation of similar texts, including some topics that are considered sensitive that students may encounter in their future professional practice.
The seminar will be divided into six parts:
1. Journalistic and political literature text and principles of translation
2. Translator’s preparation
3. Translation methods
4. Translation of Chinese terms and expressions
5. Translation of texts concerning sensitive topics
6. Translation of high frequency terms (optional)
Registration link (for those who would like to collect Smart Points for the seminar):
https://umac.zoom.us/j/96057354091 (Meeting ID: 960 5735 4091)
Important Notes on Smart Points Scheme:
1. Students who registered to the seminar, attend the WHOLE activity AND arrive ON TIME will be given 1.0 Smart Point and 20.0 Knowledge Integration(CS);
2. Students who arrive late or leave early within 10 minutes will be given only half a Smart Point;
3. Students who arrive late or leave early over 10 minutes will NOT be given any Smart Point;
4. Students who leave the venue during the activity for over 15 minutes will NOT be given any Smart Point; and
5. CPC reserves the right to make the final decision, in case of any disputes on the awarding of Smart Point(s).